Maybank just recently added a function to make instant Western Union transfer using Maybank2u. Learn how to do it here.
Maybank just made it extremely convenient for its customers to transfer money via Western Union. That means you no longer have to queue up at any Western Union counters to do any remittance.
This provides direct access to more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations in 200 countries and territories.
You can transfer from as low as RM1 and up to RM10,000 daily and it’s accessible via Maybank2u and Maybank2u Mobile App.
The fees are quite competitive starting from RM9 per transaction. Refer here for the full transaction fees for different countries worldwide.
How to use Maybank2u to Transfer Money using Western Union
- Login to Maybank2u account and go to Transfer
- Click on Open Western Union
- Choose if you are already a WU member otherwise it will auto populate
- Select Country and Currency followed by entering Amount and Promo Code (if available)
- Click Calculate for the amount to be transferred
- Key in sender details
- Key in beneficiary details
- Select purpose of payment, accept the terms and conditions
- Review all information is correct
- Request for TAC and confirm the transfer
So easy and convenient. Don’t forget to share the MTCN with the recipient in order for them to receive the money.