Bike sharing service – a station-less bicycle rental service that’s popular around the world has arrived Malaysia.
Bike sharing is extremely popular around the world especially in China and many cities around the worldwide has started adopting bike sharing.
I am pleased that it has started in Malaysia because just a few months ago, I blogged about how cool it is to have it in Malaysia.
oBike is the first company to start mass bike sharing service in Malaysia. It’s originally from Singapore and their bikes can be found all over the Island Republic.
oBike is a station-less service which everything is done on your smartphone.
How to Use oBike Bicycle Sharing Service?
- First, download the free app called oBike on the App Store or Google Play.
- Make a deposit (refundable) by binding your credit or debit card. Currently the deposit is RM69 and RM29 for students (price may go up).
- Use the app to locate the nearest bike to you. As the bikes are installed with GPS, the app will show you which bikes are available for rental.
- On the app, tap on unlock.
- Point your smartphone on the QR code on the bike by scanning it.
- It will unlock the bike automatically.
- Ride away and once you have reached your destination, part it properly and then lock the bike.
The current rate is RM1.50 for every 15 minutes. However, they have free rides promo happening on weekends which you should take advantage of.
At Cyberview, we are always on the look out for suitable innovative companies to pilot their products or services in Cyberjaya.
oBike’s bicycles can be found at the following major locations in Greater Kuala Lumpur:
- Sunway City
It will be a matter of time when we will start seeing other bicycle sharing services such as Mobike and ofo to be in Malaysia.
Get more details about this bicycle sharing service here: https://www.o.bike/